Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 7.5 Java Console

2012-04-23 15:31:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 7.5 Java Console
From: "Snyder, Nicholas A (IS)" <Nicholas.Snyder AT ngc DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:31:35 +0000

Running NetBackup Administration Console (Java) from RHEL5.8 master/media server.

Creating a policy/schedule to use multiple copies.  Receive the following error upon saving:

Policy Validation Report

Intermittent connectivity lost with the server.  Please verify services or daemons are up and re-try the last operation.

Null References

Master/Media is a base RHEL 5.8 x86-64.

Installation is a new 7.5 (non-upgrade).  I’ve even patched to 7.5.0.1.

All services appear to be running; nothing in /var/log/messages; etc

Any suggestions?

I have a case with Symantec open, but progress is slow.

In addition, I tried to manually create a policy with the command line only, to no success.  Maybe my syntax is wrong?

[root@fmsgap125 ~]# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bppolicynew TEST_ITC_2 -v

<2>bppolicynew: INITIATING: version NetBackup 7.5 created: 2012033101

<2>bppolicynew: EXIT status = 0

[root@fmsgap125 ~]# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplsched TEST_ITC_2 -v -add FULL -st FULL -freq 345600 -number_copies 2 -rl 9,9 -pool Onsite,Offiste

<2>bpplsched: INITIATING: version NetBackup 7.5 created: 2012033101

Validation was successful.

A server group must be specified for each copy

<2>bpplsched: invalid command usage

invalid command usage

<2>bpplsched: EXIT status = 144

Nick Snyder