Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Unit - limiting concurrent jobs

2012-04-23 12:48:51
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Unit - limiting concurrent jobs
From: "Vines, Peter (psv2b)" <psv2b AT eservices.virginia DOT edu>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 16:48:44 +0000

NBU 7.0 on AIX 6.1.

My environment has 8 tape drives (SSO), 1 master server, 3 media servers, and two different applications to be backed up. I want the applications to use different tape drives (2 drives for app 1, and 6 drives for app 2).

Is this possible?

Currently I have defined 6 storage units, i.e. 2 on each media server.    Each media server has 2 storage units, 1 with 2 drives and the other with 6 drives.

If app1 is backing up using 2 drives and another policy starts for the same app, I want it to wait for the same 2 drives (or stream with them).  I want to prohibit app1 from using the other 6 drives in case app 2 needs to run a backup.