Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] cold catalog recovery

2012-03-16 08:11:45
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] cold catalog recovery
From: Shekel Tal <Tal.Shekel AT uk.fujitsu DOT com>
To: "Infantino, Joe (Contractor)" <JINFANTINO AT intersil DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:08:07 +0000

That’s odd

If you have any entry in the host file bpclntcmd should pick it up

Still sounds like host config though

Although this is probably not the issue check if there are any entries under veritas\netbackup\remote_versions – that should affect name resolution but may be worth cleaning out

The errors in your log (25 & 46) both refer to hostname resolution issues and bpclntcmd confirms this

Try add an entry for a dummy server into for a different hostname into your hosts file and see if you can resolve it

From the sound of it you wont be able to

Regards,

Tal Shekel

CSA