Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes That Were In A Month Pool Are Now In Scratch

2012-03-14 08:50:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes That Were In A Month Pool Are Now In Scratch
From: "Simon Weaver" <Simon.Weaver AT iscl DOT net>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 12:50:32 -0000
Hi All
Got a real problem..
I went to remove some month end tapes that should be in a specific monthly pool and there is nothing assigned!

I checked the policy & it is set to goto monthly volume pool, so thats ok.

however, I have run a report to check if the month end backup ran on 1st march .. and it did ... but the tapes are in scratch !!!

no one has moved them... yet there are no tapes assigned to the month end volume pool !

I have located 5 of them and temporarily moved them to the monthly pool, but there is no "time assigned" entry... it is blank.

Has anyone ever seen this?
Simon