Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VM backups

2012-03-13 06:45:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VM backups
From: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 12:40:47 -0400

All,

I just started looking into backing up our VM’s with Netbackup.  I have a couple of questions though.

- Should I look at Symantec’s solution?  Is there something better out there (VEEM?)

- I will need to do single file restores, not just system restores, can Symantec handle that with an all Linux environment?

- How do most people do this and how are the results?

Environment:

Master server/media servers – all Linux, NB version 7.1

VM Clients are Win/Unix.

Thanks,

-Kevin

kbaumann AT akamai DOT com