Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??

2012-02-23 15:21:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Issues with media server dedupe pools /replication / restores ??
From: Jack.Forester AT mylan DOT com
To: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 15:21:42 -0500
Here's some info explaining the behavior:
http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-media-server-load-balancing-affects-restores-openstorage

We use the USE_BACKUP_MEDIA_SERVER_FOR_RESTORE option in our environment as
we have multiple MSDPs at locations across the country.  I don't want a
media server in Vermont reading a backup image in California to restore to
a client in North Carolina.  I hope future versions of NetBackup handle
this situation better and don't assume that I always want the least busy
media server to do the restore because it may not be the best server for
the restore based on physical proximity.
--
Jack Forester, Jr.
Sr. Data Protection Administrator

jack.forester AT mylan DOT com

Phone: +1.304.554.6039
Cell: +1.412.805.5313

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted
with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential
information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments
is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and
its attachments.  Thank you.