Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] vmchange script

2012-02-12 07:56:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] vmchange script
From: Anurag Sharma <sharma.anurag AT hotmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:09:55 +0530
Hi Team,

Here's is my challenge.

Every week I have to change tapes in two libraries one has a cap size of 25 and another has of 35.

Now I get a list of tapes to be ejected and sent offsite via script the real challenge is ejecting them.

I can use the vmchange command in two separate consoles

Syntax : vmchange -res -multi_eject -w -rn 0 -rt tld -rh pnors950.mgroupnet.com -ml

Example :vmchange -res -multi_eject -w -rn 0 -rt tld -rh server.xyz.com -ml MO0371:MO0012:MO0454:MO0775:MO0017

I want to create a script which automates this one of the sample script is

FOR /F %%i IN (E:\\setin.txt) DO E:\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\vmchange -res -multi_eject -w -rn 3 -rt tld -rh pnors954.mgroupnet.com -ml %%i>>E:\\ejectoutput.txt

The above script uses a file setin.txt which would have list of labels with colon separated

MO0371:MO0012:MO0454:MO0775:MO0017

The only challenge is this I want the script to take input of labels as file and do not want manually colon separate them manually.

Please provide suggestions.

Anurag