Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives

2012-01-18 09:08:29
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Tape drives
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 14:08:22 +0000

In which library are the drives installed?   If these are fibre drives then you must also map them to the server from the tape library as well as zoning them in via the switch.   That is to say libraries (as do fibre disk arrays) have ways to set permission to specific drives to specific hosts.  (For example in the Quantum i6000 I have to go to something like SetupàConnectivityàFC Hosts to map the drives.)

Minor rant:  It would really help if Qlogic adapters did NOT report every initiator on the SAN but only those things specifically zoned to the hosts to which they are attached.   Trying to figure out what Qlogic really has access to is a PITA.