Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] MISSING PATH for tape devices in RHEL5 for NetBackup 7.1

2012-01-12 13:30:52
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] MISSING PATH for tape devices in RHEL5 for NetBackup 7.1
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:30:45 -0500
> However, if I do a cat /proc/scsi/scsi I see the 3 paths to the library
> (Quantum i6000) blades and the 12 HP Ultrium (10 Ultrium 5 and 2 Ultirum 3).

Try using lsscsi (from the lsscsi package, if you need to install it)
and see that all your tape drives show up with the device names you
expect.

If they're there, you can use the mt utility (from mt-st) to see if
you can actually access them: the status option should return some
information from the drive.

If all that works, themn the next suspect would be NetBackup.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

Most quarrels amplify a misunderstanding. - Andre Gide
NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.