Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] IBM LTO-5 Drive Question (8.0gbps FC, FW: B5BF)

2011-12-13 11:42:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] IBM LTO-5 Drive Question (8.0gbps FC, FW: B5BF)
From: Len Boyle <Len.Boyle AT sas DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 16:42:41 +0000

Justin,

Do you have a library that will show you a little more detail on the error from the log that is within the tape drive and or the tape library. Also the code that shows up on the led display on the front of the tape drive. If any.

We have been having issues with some lto-5 tape drives that appears to be a cooling fan issue.

This shows up as a 3584 library issues.

HEC/HECQ B886 (Canister cooling fan failure)

We had  upgraded the firmware to address several other issue. We are now at B6W8.