Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!

2011-11-17 11:04:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do i switch my media adn master server!? HELP!
From: Bishop <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 08:03:48 -0800
yes I found that link jeff thanks.

so here is what I have written up for tomorrow.

plan, pause all netbackup processes. and reinstall netbackup from disk to both
master server in the data center and the media server in the office.

-run a catalog backup the night before.
(this is one concern of mine)

Plan for this operation to be done on tuesday as it is the lowest impact on
backups.
Upon reinstalling netbackup to the data center, designate it to be the master
server.

----

so about the catalog restore. My media server uses LTO4 and the current master
uses LTO2. how am I going to move this catalog to the new master? (in theory i
cant restore to this library while nbu is down and i have no designated master
server correct?)

am I missing anything else big?

I will not be able to change the IP addresses, will it still work?