Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog on NAS/SAN

2011-11-15 12:39:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU catalog on NAS/SAN
From: Bluejay Adametz <bluejay AT fujifilm DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:38:57 -0500
> What’s the best practice on moving the NBU master catalog to an NFS mount or
> a SAN share?

I would be careful to not put my catalogs on the same storage array(s)
as the data that I'm backing up. The same failure that loses your data
would also compromise your ability to restore it.

                                                         - Bluejay Adametz

Definition: Porkus non gratis n. The scraggly piece of bacon at the
bottom of the package.
NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, is only for the use of
information, or information otherwise protected from disclosure by law.
hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, dissemination or
distribution of this message or any of its attachments is strictly
prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please contact the
sender immediately by reply email and destroy this message, including all
attachments, and any copies thereof.