Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server Migration

2011-10-27 04:15:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server Migration
From: "POUSSARD, Gilles (APX)" <gilles.poussard.external AT airbus DOT com>
To: Kevin OConnor <Kevin.OConnor AT ESBI DOT IE>, "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:15:44 +0200

Hi ,

Follow this technote

It shoud be valuable fror NBU 7

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH77447

Gilles.

De : veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu [mailto:veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu] De la part de Kevin OConnor
Envoyé : jeudi 27 octobre 2011 10:02
À : 'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'
Objet : [Veritas-bu] Master Server Migration

Morning All,

We’re in the process of migrating our Master Servers to new hardware and a new OS.

We’re running Netbackup 7.0.1 on Windows 2003 x32 but need to change to new hardware witch has been built with Windows 2008 R2 x64.

We have a cutover plan so we keep the server name and IP address the same on the new 2008 box so in the end the master server will look the same but just on new hardware and on Windows 2008 R2 x64.

So the question is, if we take a catalog backup of the existing master can we use it to rebuild the master server once the server is up with the same IP, name and Netbackup 7.0.1 x64 installed ?

More importantly are there any down sides to this method or gotcha’s?

Regards

Kevin

Kevin O’Connor | Storage Administrator, Technology Solutions | ESB Business Service Centre | www.esb.ie

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the Global Internet.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.