Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] moving BMR images between netbackup environments

2011-10-04 15:10:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] moving BMR images between netbackup environments
From: Mikhail Nikitin <mikhail.nikitin AT gmail DOT com>
To: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 23:10:47 +0400
This is upcoming feature.
Here is an excerpt from the NBU7.5 new feature list:

  • Auto Image Replication for BMR images
  • The full list of features available here: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH164645

    Hope this helps.

    WBR, Mikhail
    On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:21 PM, Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net> wrote:

    Hey All,

    Wondering if anyone knows of a way to move BMR data easily between environments?

    e.g. I’ve done a BMR backup in my production environment, and want to recover that server in my DR environment (which is actually a backup environment in its own right).

    Is there any way to export the contents of the BMR DB and import it back into my DR environment?

    I’ve been looking at bmrpans which looks like ti could potentially be used to dump out and import back in the config I need, but struggling to find a command set that will do it.

    Nic Solomons | Backup and Recovery Team Leader
    d: +44 (0)1784 211 134 | f: +44 (0)1784 211 200
    e: nic.solomons AT attenda DOT net | w: www.attenda.net

    VMware EMEA & Global Service Provider of the Year 2010

    Attenda Limited is a limited company registered in England. Registered No: 03276974.
    Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX

    The information contained in this e-mail and its attachments is confidential. It is intended only for the named address(es) and may not be disclosed to anyone else without Attenda's consent.