Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] moving BMR images between netbackup environments

2011-09-29 13:38:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] moving BMR images between netbackup environments
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: "'Nic Solomons'" <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:38:36 +0300

According to Symantec, BMR database can not moved between NetBackup domains.

What I would try if I was you,  is to move the BMR database files to the DR master server and override his BMR database (copy it first). If you can see the desired BMR data at the DR GUI,  restore the client and at the end, replace the BMR database with the original.

I do not know where the drives database is, so be sure you have them in the DR netbackup BMR. And you must be sour that NO backup are running during this procedure.

As I have never test it consider this as brainstorming. You have to test it in a test environment first.

stefanos