Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing BCV SAN Mount Points - Best Options

2011-09-27 04:27:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing BCV SAN Mount Points - Best Options
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:26:58 +0200
You don't say what data is on the BCVs. There are/were scripts that would
stop a database, split the BCV, start the database, then mount the BCV on a
media server so that it could be backed up as a file system. This required,
if I remember correctly, VxFS and VxVM as well as the EMC symmetric
commands.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.
VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk