Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 DAG Backups / Short vs. FULL FQDN hostname?

2011-09-09 15:14:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 DAG Backups / Short vs. FULL FQDN hostname?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: veritas-bu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 15:14:43 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I've had quite the fun time with this backup type.

When you backup or restore, depending on how you configure Exchange, it
the client (node) backs up as, e.g., EXCHANGE-NODE-01, we got that fixed
so the FQDN usually shows up as the EXCHANGE-NODE-01.domain.com, which is
good, backups are working, but for restores, it kicks off a restore and it
shows EXCHANGE-NODE-01, where I am we use FQDN for everything and we don't
want to start hacking around and put one-offs into /etc/hosts file or add
one-off's into DNS, has anyone figured out how to make Exchange 2010/DAG
backup and restores ONLY use the FQDN hostnames?

Justin.