Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What to do with our growing Catalog on the Master server??

2011-09-09 12:51:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What to do with our growing Catalog on the Master server??
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: <christophe.wegrzyniak AT clearstream DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 19:49:41 +0300

Christophe,

You can upgrade the solaris installation and copy the class directory. Doing that you will move all policies easily.

Also there is a technote at Symantec site that describe the recovery without import method. You can use this method to move the images and the tapes from the solaris cluster to the standalone linux server. Both systems must have the same NBU version.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH28722

If you follow this procedure, you can (must ) open a case to support and ask for catalog consistency repair.  The tapes will be marked as full and after expire you can reuse them.

stefanos