Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] delay jobs from starting

2011-09-09 12:12:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] delay jobs from starting
From: ". ." <chack22 AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:12:12 -0500
Problem: A job occasionally runs more than 24 hours pushing the backup into the next day's start window. Once the original job finishes, it appears to wait a minute and then starts again because it's within it's new start window. Is there a setting or way to force the job to delay starting until a certain amount of time has elapsed since it finished last?

My challenge came up with a Exchange 2003 backup running into the next day. The job finished, then the snapshot job finished. Exactly one minute after the snapshot job finished, it tried to snap the Exchange box again. The backups are now failing with a status 130 error, and the Exchange VSS Writer shows "Retryable state." Our assumption is that VSS wasn't done with the original backup, and Netbackup asked it to perform another snapshot, causing it to go into a unstable state.

Thoughts or solutions?

Running Netbackup 7.1.0.1

Thanks!