Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup VERBOSE in bp.conf

2011-08-24 13:43:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup VERBOSE in bp.conf
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <JLightner AT water DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 17:43:23 +0000

There are 5 levels of VERBOSE available.  Am I right in assuming VERBOSE = 5 is highest or is VERBOSE = 1 the highest?

If change VERBOSE = in bp.conf do I need to actually restart NetBackup or is it sufficient to do the bpadm àglobal àmodify ànotify request daemons?

If I change debugging level via the NBU Java GUI instead of modifying the files does that mean I don’t have to restart NBU?

This is NBU 7.1 on RHEL5 master and an HP-UX media server.

Jeff Lightner | UNIX/Linux Administrator | DS Waters of America, Inc | 5660 New Northside Drive, Ste 250 | Atlanta, GA 30328
(: (Direct Dial) 678-486-3516 |(: (Cell) 678-772-0018 *:jlightner AT water DOT com