Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Library

2011-08-04 03:28:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Library
From: WALLEBROEK Bart <Bart.WALLEBROEK AT swift DOT com>
To: David Magda <dmagda AT ee.ryerson DOT ca>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 09:28:08 +0200
David,

HP fell off quite fast due to their presentation.  The sales guy was totally
uninterested and could not answer most of the questions.  Also their robotic
design (which is a relabelled one I believe) was very outdated.
With SUN we had other issues.  We bought a VTL from them (FalconStor in fact)
and had serious issues with it for more than a year.  Support was quite bad.
This also played a role in the decision.  We ran a pure StorageTek environment
and were quite happy with it but their new robots were also very outdated
compared to the other vendors.

Also regarding the price they both were very expensive compared to the other
ones.

Best Regards,
Bart WALLEBROEK