Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media server load balancing issue

2011-07-14 12:42:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media server load balancing issue
From: pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
To: Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 22:12:41 +0530
Hello Geeks,

We have a setup here with one master and 11 media servers all solaris on 6.5.6
OS is : Solaris10.

We have 3 media servers used for disk based backups using advanced disk by netbackup.
We have ZFS pool created on 9,10 and 11 media servers and then using them as a advanced disk.

Now the issue is ,We have put media9 and media11 in storage unit group with load balancing issue ,but this thing is not working properly as most of the backups going on media9 not on media11.

We have made the changes as tried to use round-robin and priortised but the issue is still there.

Our media11 is more powerful with 64 GB ram as compared to media9 with 16gb ram but still the backups not going on media11.

Any idea/advise to resolve this./

Pranav