Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error

2011-06-07 15:16:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 14:15:20 -0500
First, don't bother using VSP. It has known issues and eventually goes away in version 7.x.

In addtion to all the other suggestions, take a look at the Windows Event Log for any VSS errors.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

06/07/2011 08:40 AM

pranav batra <pranav_venture AT hotmail DOT com>
cc
Veritas <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Open file backup error

Hi,

Please try what I noted below, also show media, master and client logs with VERBOSE=5 or the max in windows respectively, show/check the bptm, bpbkar logs and paste the error here.

Justin