Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Anyone running 7.1 on Solaris 10 9/10 (u9) on sun4v arch?

2011-06-02 10:08:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Anyone running 7.1 on Solaris 10 9/10 (u9) on sun4v arch?
From: rhugga <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 07:08:05 -0700
Yea I was not able to unload the sg driver in any scenario:

1) After a fresh reboot with netbackup not set to autostart
2) After shutting down netbackup and ensuring no processes are still active

Frustrating.. I need to get 7.1 deployed so I can do proper vmware and
sharepoint backups as well as deploy NDMP streaming. Plus I have a data domain
coming soon and don't wanna play around with SLP's in 6.x or do this upgrade
after I have OST/SLP in the mix. (from what I here this complicates the upgrade
even further)

I have 2 media servers on order which I intend to run Linux (Dell R910's) but
now I'm considering moving my master to linux as well. It seems solaris is now
taking a backseat these days as far as vendor dedication and support goes.
(I've also noticed that the various vendor OST plugins seem to be better
supported on linux vs. solaris) I just need to justify decomissioning an $80k
server only 6 months old.