Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Share media server w 2 masters, 1 master restores only

2011-05-29 12:52:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Share media server w 2 masters, 1 master restores only
From: "Brian J. Greenberg" <brian AT gsysd DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU, brian.alls AT gmail DOT com
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 11:52:43 -0500
If you just want to make sure that the new NBU server doesn’t use the old tapes as scratch there are at least two things you can do:

  1. assuming the old tapes are in a particular barcode series, create a barcode rule that puts all those old tapes into a protected pool that can never be used to backup to
  2. partition the library and keep the old tapes in a ‘restore partition’