Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Server Upgrade

2011-05-23 12:10:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU Server Upgrade
From: "McDonald, James F. II" <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 12:09:58 -0400

Rusty,

What do you mean by this: “Use tar and some other OS tricks to do a simultaneous tar and copy to the remote machine”?  Does the “Import Images” option not copy all the existing *.info and *.img files over from the old server to the new server?  Once the “Recover the Catalog” operation completes, can you just do a simple copy command with the actual images?

James McDonald

System Administrator

SAIC - IISBU

410-312-2232