Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HP-UX to AIX migration

2011-05-19 12:54:59
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HP-UX to AIX migration
From: "Urs Krolzig" <urs.krolzig AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Girish Jorapurkar" <girishsj AT yahoo DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>, <scott.george AT parker DOT com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 18:54:49 +0200
Hmm what about MSDP? Not available for AIX as an example.

Urs

Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2011 1:25 AM

> Linux is the primary development platform now.

That's not true. Symantec NetBackup has tier-1 platforms which are treated equally: Windows x86, Windows x64, Red Hat, Suse, Solaris Sparc, Solaris x86, HP-UX, AIX.

AIX and HP-UX, sometimes, divert from - what I would call - standard UNIX behavior (Linux and Solaris world). That introduces challenges and exposes platform-specific bugs.

Most of NetBackup code is platform independent. So, preference of platforms comes only when we are writing platform specific (OS/kernel, file-system, ...) code - which is not very common.

If you don't mind, please let me know EEB ET number and workaround case/ET number.

Thanks,
/Girish