Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 / Windows 2008 R2 / Hyper-V

2011-05-06 11:13:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 5.0 / Windows 2008 R2 / Hyper-V
From: mcmonap <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 06:17:36 -0700
Hi, a quick query that I hope an expert can answer quickly and easily and save
a netbackup noob from hours of (possibly pointless) internet searches, so...

Can Netbackup v5:
a) backup Windows 2008 R2 servers?
b) backup Windows 2008 R2 servers that are virtualised under Hyper-V hypervisor?
c) backup ADCS (certificate services) for windows 2008 R2?
d) restore(!) the above backups?

I do not know much about Netbackup but I understand this is a relatively old
version so I am expecting a pretty negative repsonse.

Finally any pointers to where I might have found this kind of information would
be useful, searches on google and within symantec's support site didn't help me
much.

Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge.