Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 media server backup issue

2011-05-05 22:01:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 7.1 media server backup issue
From: Girish Jorapurkar <girishsj AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, Jim.Canon AT mylan DOT com
Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 19:01:26 -0700 (PDT)
If I am understanding it correctly, an error occurred while reading a file.

> 05/05/2011 09:52:27 - Info bpbkar (pid=9437276) done.
> status: 13: file read failed

That is strange. See if there is any storage (volume manager or disk I/O)
related error/fault reported at the time of bpbkar failure.

Also, you can try bpbkar null test - just to ensure that data can be read
without any random read failures:

bpbkar -nocont <failed_to_backup_path> > /dev/null

Hope that helps,
/Girish

--- On Fri, 5/6/11, Jim.Canon AT mylan DOT com <Jim.Canon AT mylan DOT com>