Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup for vSphere 4

2011-05-02 21:27:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup for vSphere 4
From: mitch808 <nbu-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 18:27:05 -0700
I've never run into an environment that used NBDSSL.  However, NBD and SAN
based VMware backups using VCB or vStorage are quite common.

NBD is typically used when you are not using shared storage, and all backup
traffic is over the LAN, usually over the console port of the VMware host.
It's not that fast! be warned.

NBU supports this today, and has since it had vmware integration.  This was a
function of the API and not NBU.