Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 and HP MSL G3 tape library

2011-05-02 11:12:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.5.6 and HP MSL G3 tape library
From: Marianne Van Den Berg <mvdberg AT stortech.co DOT za>
To: Scott Jacobson <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>, nbu <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:04:53 +0200

How up-to-date is the library firmware?

Run ‘scan’ on the robot control host to get firmware version.

Try to force the library to physically go check the slot contents by selecting some of the 25 media id’s (they should all have A…. media ID’s) and select Eject. I expect errors to be generated, but at least the robot should now show the slots as being empty.

Regards

M.