Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] EMC Data Domain OST Vs VTL with NetBackup

2011-04-24 08:57:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] EMC Data Domain OST Vs VTL with NetBackup
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: 24 Apr 2011 07:57:44 -0500
We are aware of filesperset=1 being better but we opted for faster backups over
compression when we started using DD.  We are planning to implement incremental
merge backups for oracle shortly which requires filesperset=1.  Our first
backup using this configuration will be a little painful but incrementals
forever after that will greatly speed up our oracle backups.