Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 GRT restores don't work on dedupe appliances?

2011-04-13 04:05:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Exchange 2010 GRT restores don't work on dedupe appliances?
From: David Stanaway <david AT stanaway DOT net>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 03:04:54 -0500
We have done this with DD OST plugin, NBU 6.5.4 and Exchange 2007. The problem is that GRT backups could not be duplicated manually, or with an SLP. It would do horrible things. Currently not using GRT for exchange.

We are using GRT for sharepoint, but also running non GRT fulls to duplicate with OST opt-dupe, with both 6.5.4 and now 7.0.1. The main weird thing is the need for the NFS components on Windows. Hopefully they fix that up a bit.  GRT is nice, and the wan optimized duplication with DD is nice. Having to run a Full backup and a GRT backup is not so nice.