Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media

2011-04-01 07:18:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media
From: <Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com>
To: Kevin O'Connor <Kevin.OConnor AT ESBI DOT IE>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 05:07:53 -0500
Symantec supports the current and two major revisions back of the client. So, in your case, 7.0.x will support  7.0 clients, 6.5 clients and 6.0 clients. This isn't to say this will not work, and even Symantec states that though it's not supported, it still may work just fine. In fact, if it's working fine now, I would expect it to work just fine going forward. We have several older clients that have run or are running legacy versions and haven't had any issues. If you need support, you will probably get the response of "Please upgrade the client first".

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Kevin O'Connor <Kevin.OConnor AT ESBI DOT IE>
Sent by: <veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>

03/30/2011 05:42 AM

<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media

HI,

Does anyone know of issues with backing up a Netbackup 5 client (MP6) on a Master and Media server running 7.0.1 ?

We have a customer being very obstructive to an upgrade and did so also when we upgraded to 6.5.
We will get it up to 7.0.1 but I just want to make sure there are no problems or if there are issues I can tell them in advance what may happen while it still runs 5.0 MP6.

The client only gets a flat file backup of the C:\ D:\ and system state and is running Windows 2003 SP2.

Thanks
Kevin

Storage Administrator
ICT Group
ESB
An timpeallacht? - Smaoinigh air sula bpriontáileann tú an r-phost seo.
Please consider the Environment before printing this email.

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** *
Tá an t-eolas sa ríomhphost seo agus in aon chomhad a ghabhann leis rúnda agus ceaptha le haghaidh úsáide an té nó an aonáin ar seoladh chuige iad agus na húsáide sin amháin.
Is tuairimí nó dearcthaí an údair amháin aon tuairimí nó dearcthaí ann, agus ní gá gurb ionann iad agus tuairimí nó dearcthaí ESB.
Má bhfuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid, ar mhiste leat é sin a chur in iúl don seoltóir.
Scanann ESB ríomhphoist agus ceangaltáin le haghaidh víreas, ach ní ráthaíonn sé go bhfuil ceachtar díobh saor ó víreas agus ní glacann dliteanas ar bith as aon damáiste de dhroim víreas.
Cláraithe an Chomhlachta:
http://www.esb.ie/companies

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not necessarily represent those of ESB.
Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either is virus-free or accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.
Company Registration Information:
http://www.esb.ie/companies