Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows Server and Linux Clients

2011-03-31 08:56:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows Server and Linux Clients
From: "McDonald, James F. II" <JAMES.F.MCDONALD.II AT saic DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 08:55:55 -0400

We have a development system that is currently being backed up with a Windows master/media server and approximately 10 Linux clients.  I have been unable to successfully restore directly from the Windows server to the Linux clients.  Does anyone have any tips/suggestions on how to restore directly between the two?  I have never installed a Linux NBU master/media server (because we only had a Windows version of NBU until now).  Are NBU master/media servers on Linux equivalent to the Windows version (GUI, command-line commands, etc.)?

The system is currently running a Windows Server 2003 master/media server running NBU 7.0 and all the clients, at this point, are RedHat Linux.

James McDonald

System Administrator

SAIC - IISBU

410-312-2232