Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media

2011-03-30 06:42:33
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 5 client backing up to NBU 7 Master & Media
From: "Kevin O'Connor" <Kevin.OConnor AT ESBI DOT IE>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 11:41:53 +0100

HI,

Does anyone know of issues with backing up a Netbackup 5 client (MP6) on a Master and Media server running 7.0.1 ?

We have a customer being very obstructive to an upgrade and did so also when we upgraded to 6.5.

We will get it up to 7.0.1 but I just want to make sure there are no problems or if there are issues I can tell them in advance what may happen while it still runs 5.0 MP6.

The client only gets a flat file backup of the C:\ D:\ and system state and is running Windows 2003 SP2.

Thanks

Kevin

Storage Administrator

ICT Group

ESB

An timpeallacht? - Smaoinigh air sula bpriontáileann tú an r-phost seo.
Please consider the Environment before printing this email.

* ** *** ** * ** *** ** * ** *** ** *
Tá an t-eolas sa ríomhphost seo agus in aon chomhad a ghabhann leis rúnda agus
ceaptha le haghaidh úsáide an té nó an aonáin ar seoladh chuige iad agus na
húsáide sin amháin.
Is tuairimí nó dearcthaí an údair amháin aon tuairimí nó dearcthaí ann, agus ní
gá gurb ionann iad agus tuairimí nó dearcthaí ESB.
Má bhfuair tú an ríomhphost seo trí earráid, ar mhiste leat é sin a chur in iúl
don seoltóir.
Scanann ESB ríomhphoist agus ceangaltáin le haghaidh víreas, ach ní ráthaíonn
sé go bhfuil ceachtar díobh saor ó víreas agus ní glacann dliteanas ar bith as
aon damáiste de dhroim víreas.
Cláraithe an Chomhlachta: http://www.esb.ie/companies

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author, and do not
necessarily represent those of ESB.
Although ESB scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee
that either is virus-free or accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a
result of viruses.
Company Registration Information: http://www.esb.ie/companies