Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] batch script to check Scratch media

2011-03-08 12:55:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] batch script to check Scratch media
From: "Patrick" <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>
To: "'Veritas'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 17:55:31 -0000

If you have Perl installed, and you should have if you don’t. You can try the following cmd/bat script.

I do not have a system to test it on so if there are problems, send me an email and I’ll fix it. J

=========== start script ===============

#!/usr/bin/perl

open OUT, "C:\\temp\\scratch_mail.txt" or die "Couldn't open scratch_mail.txt for output: $!\n";

print OUT "Available scratch media tapes\n";

@query_array = `G:\PROGRA~1\VERITAS\Volmgr\bin\vmquery -pn scratch -b`;

shift @query_array;

shift @query_array;

shift @query_array;

shift @query_array;

foreach $line (@query_array)

{

        ($d1,$d2,$d3,$d4,$d5,$d6) = split /,/, $line;

        push (@new_array, $d3,$d4,$d2);

}

@new_array = sort @new_array;

@new_array = grep /none/i, @new_array;

print OUT @new_array;

if ($#new_array < 75 ) { print OUT "If above line shows less than 75 TLD notify Doug Preston immediately @ 111-111-1111 24/7 \n" }

system("nbmail.cmd nbu-reports AT it.lereta DOT com \"available scratch media\" G:\\temp\\scratch_mail.txt");

close OUT;

Regards,

Patrick Whelan

VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for UNIX.

VERITAS Certified NetBackup Support Engineer for Windows.

netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk