Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Compatibility

2011-03-02 10:16:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Compatibility
From: "Lightner, Jeff" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Veritas" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 10:16:29 -0500

I’m pretty sure NBU 6.5 doesn’t support any kernel earlier than 2.4.  You appear to have an ancient 2.2 multiprocessor kernel.   I’m assuming the version you posted is what is showing up in your uname –a output?

2.4 kernel was pretty much replaced by 2.6 kernel around 2006/2007 and only God knows how long ago the 2.2 kernel was still prevalent.   Even the old RedHat (not RHEL)  7.3 boxes I inherited when I first got here in 2005 were already running 2.4 kernels.   Note that what you posted is a kernel version and not the vendor version.  What kind of Linux is this?

Also your throughput may be simply due to the age of the hardware you’re using.   Given that you’re using such an ancient version of Linux kernel I’m guessing you’re using some really old hardware as well.