Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question about other backup applicattion

2011-02-25 02:34:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question about other backup applicattion
From: "Akker Henk van den" <H.vandenAkker AT wml DOT nl>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 08:34:07 +0100

Hi,

We are using Netbackup since the version 3.1 -3.2 times.

We came from TSM which we used for several years.

I have had no real pain with NBU, perhaps because we have a relatively standard environment.

Now because we were a Sun/Oracle customer or support was going to move directly to Symantec also because for us the terrabyte licencing model was promising in our situation.

Because of financial reasons management decided that we should see if this was the best way for us to go financially as well as technical.

Now that we have looked closely on what is out there at the moment, I’m getting a bit confused about what Commvault promises.

Is there somebody that has looked into Commvault in the last two releases and can tell me whether it’s living up to it’s promises or that is more a “commercial driven” product?

I’m a bit lost in paradise!

Kind regards,

Henk van den Akker