Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] iSCSI and NBU 7.0 or >

2011-02-24 09:42:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] iSCSI and NBU 7.0 or >
From: Bahadir Kiziltan <bahadir.kiziltan AT gmail DOT com>
To: Jim Caldwell <caldwellj AT nccommunitycolleges DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 16:32:56 +0200
is it an D2D series array?
what's the use case? target for backup to disk (basic/advanceddisk), dedupe?

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Jim Caldwell <caldwellj AT nccommunitycolleges DOT edu> wrote:
We are looking at new disk storage from HP that are iSCSI. I have heard that iSCSI is not a supported by NBU (current version 7.0)
The compatibility list does not directly say (Hard to understand), only NDMP Direct copy "Not Implemented". Any insight from the
Collective would be helpful and yes resistance is futile. Thanks. ;-)

James M. Caldwell
NCCCS Unix Support
Operation & Systems Analyst
caldwellj AT nccommunitycolleges DOT edu
919-807-7234 (Office)
E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject
to the North Carolina Public Records Law and shall be disclosed
to third parties when required by the statutes. (NCGS.Ch.132)