Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup RMAN Connect String

2011-02-15 11:55:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup RMAN Connect String
From: Wayne T Smith <WTSmith AT maine DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 11:55:07 -0500
I don't recall the sample, but we use os authentication (I.e., "connect target;" ... no passwords ... os authentication).

Cheers, Wayne
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Snyder, Nicholas A (IS) <Nicholas.Snyder AT ngc DOT com> wrote, in part:
Implementing NetBackup Database Agent backups for Oracle.
Using the NetBackup provided sample script as the basis for the backup script.
/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/oracle/samples/rman/hot_database_backup.sh

How does everyone deal with exposing the TARGET_CONNECT_STR?

Using the example script, the TARGET_CONNECT_STR is exposed.  Anyone with access can view the RMAN command with a simple ‘ps’ command while the RMAN backup is running, that exposes the Oracle credentials.