Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server

2011-02-10 10:58:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR server
From: Bryan Bahnmiller <bbahnmiller AT dtcc DOT com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:58:28 -0600

Ed, Rusty,

   Have you noticed if the load on the DNS servers has gone down? I remember building an HPUX master server with thousands of clients. Our master server hammered the DNS server. We ended up configuring a DNS caching server on our own master. It didn't add a lot to the load on the master, and it severely reduced the network traffic to the DNS server and almost eliminated the load on the DNS server.

   I haven't run with 7.x yet and since we are in process of building out a 7.x Linux master server I was kind of curious to see if this was still an issue with 7.

      Thanks,
      Bryan

Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/09/2011 10:01 PM

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
cc
NetBackup Mailing List <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Backup Archive and Restore taking forever on DR        server