Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DRnetbackup

2011-01-12 16:37:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Restoring a Oracle backup from production to DRnetbackup
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>, <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 20:17:11 -0500

1) Copy ...\NetBackup\db\images\<client> from master to dr-master. (Alternately
restore catalog or import media)
2) Put media in DR library and inventory. (If using copy method above, move
media into non-scratch volume pool.)
3) Change bp.conf on dr client to match source client name (if restore client
has alternate name.)
4) Create No.Restrictions touch file.
5) Run RMAN restore script.

If your DR environment is in a different timezone, you have to account for that
when creating the RMAN script, i.e. if your source client is in New York and a
backup occurred at 9:00PM, and your restore client is in L.A., then you need to
configure the RMAN script to restore to 6:00PM.

Good luck!

-Jonathan