Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed Backup Policies.

2011-01-06 21:58:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Mixed Backup Policies.
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 20:58:28 -0600
On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 6:53 PM, Harpreet SINGH <harpreet_singh AT ctl.creative DOT com> wrote:
 To facilitate, I have configured the Backup Policies in such a way that
they are tied up with one to one with designated Slot ID in Tape Library. I
have separated out the UNIX backup and Windows Backup Policies.

Ex. ERP_MON Tapes are using  ENC_ERP_MON Volume pool. .. . Library Slot #1
     WIN_MON Tapes are using ENC_WIN_MON Volume pool. … Library Slot #10
and so on.

This sounds really odd.  Why would you tie a slot to a volume pool?

May I know, If we merge the UNIX Backup’s and Windows Backup’s in a single
backup policy. What are the problems we are going to face? Any backup /
restore performance issue etc…

You can't do this.  Every policy has a policy type.  For Windows, that will likely be Windows-NT.  For Unix, they'll be Standard.

   .../Ed