Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup media server question

2011-01-06 10:44:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup media server question
From: bfcsaus <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 10:44:23 -0500
Hi,

I have a quick question regarding configuration of a Netbackup Media Unix
server.

Basically, I have an underlying issue with the presentation of a zoned ADIC
tape drive to a Solaris 10, T5220 media server which im currently working on
(if anyone knows how to get Solaris to see the zoned tape drive please
shout!!), in the meantime I would like to know what I should be seeing when I
do an sgscan on the media server itself (at the moment I only see the disks)
when the problem is resolved.

Ive installed plenty of Master servers where I know I should see the tape drive
and changer but should I be able to see both the tape drive and changer from
the Media server or just the tape drive??

The Storage Team has zoned the ADIC tape drive to the server which ive
confirmed (correct WWN) although I can't see the drive but should they also do
anything with the changer??

Thanks...