Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape compatibility

2011-01-05 11:59:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape compatibility
From: Jim VandeVegt <Jim.Vandevegt AT physiciansmutual DOT com>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:58:56 -0600
If certainly should, if it is a tape drive supported by NetBackup.

I would make sure to have these entries in bp.conf: (also a part in the GUI under master properties that will do it.)
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = DBR
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = TAR
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = CPIO
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = ANSI
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = AOS/VS
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = MTF1
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = RS-MTF1
ALLOW_MEDIA_OVERWRITE = BE-MTF1
I would run a force labeling operation on each tape to make sure. After you have imported the "blank" media into the media database in the scratch pool in a robot NetBackup controls, highlight all them in the GUI and right-click-select Label. Uncheck 'Verify media label before performing operation' and acknowledge. (Instructions from NetBackup 6.5.6. YMMV.)

Jim VandeVegt | Technical Integrator, ETG

Physicians Mutual | 2600 Dodge Street | Omaha, NE 68131

402.930.2649 | PhysiciansMutual.com | Jim.VandeVegt AT PhysiciansMutual DOT com

Insurance for all of us.™

health | life | retirement