Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Best architecture for deduplication with NetBackup

2010-12-29 03:03:15
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Best architecture for deduplication with NetBackup
From: Abhishek Dhingra1 <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 13:32:29 +0530

try using IBM Data protectier TS76750G , this is a new appliance from IBM  , it combines the feature of VTL with inline deduplication . Depulication works on Hyperfactor technology.

Rgds
A D
Email : abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com

santoyx <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

12/28/2010 09:35 PM
Please respond to
VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu]  Best architecture for deduplication with NetBackup

Jcs, I work at a government agency, Brazil's Central Bank, like the US FED. I can't just choose the solution I want to buy. I need to specify what I need and wait for the best (lower price) proposal that fits what we need.
So I'm doing some PoCs so I can know the players, what features they have and what then don't.
So far I've tested the EMC Avamar, IBM Fastback (which doesn't fit) and CommVault Simpana.
The EMC Avamar seems to be the one that best fits our needs.
Now we are trying to test the NetBackup but its documentation is really confusing.
We bought the Clariions to store the backup data. That's why I'm don't want do buy storage appliances unless the prices aren't to much different as you said.