Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Selection List Break Up

2010-11-17 11:12:42
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Selection List Break Up
From: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:12:33 -0500

I’m trying to break up the backups of a certain large folder via selection list and I want to make sure I get everything.

Client: Solaris 10 x86 running NBU 6.5.6

Master/Media: Windows 2003 running NBU 6.5.6

So far I’ve got:

/home/[a-nA-N]*

/home/[o-zO-Z]*

/home/[0-9]*

What about special files and folders that start with special characters? Is there a nice easy pattern I can tack onto this to pick up everything else? For some reason Mr. Google isn’t being very helpful in this regard this morning, and Pg. 630 of the Windows Admin guide doesn’t provide much detail either.

Thanks,

-Jonathan