Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Vxfs restore to linux ext3 filesystem on RHEL 5.5

2010-11-16 08:15:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Vxfs restore to linux ext3 filesystem on RHEL 5.5
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:11:20 -0500
How are you backing up the data?  If it is a file level backup, then the source or destination file system shouldn't matter.  From BAR, you can select the client with the vxfs file system as the source and the linux client as your destination.    I don't think block size matters, because the file system will take care of that all on its own under the covers.

If you are doing any type of block level replication outside of NBU and want to mount the replicated volume, you have more than the file system differences to deal with.