Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] nbsl logging on master and media servers

2010-11-11 11:11:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] nbsl logging on master and media servers
From: Girish Jorapurkar <girishsj AT yahoo DOT com>
To: Nic Solomons <Nic.Solomons AT attenda DOT net>, Mark Glazerman <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>, "VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU" <VERITAS-BU AT MAILMAN.ENG.AUBURN DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:11:26 -0800 (PST)
NBSL is used by all GUIs (Java, Windows, NOM, OpsCenter) and some CLIs too. So, turning off the logging or deleting 'nbsl' log directory is not a good idea.

Instead you may want to address semi-decommissioned media server. You must have removed the media server from one or more configuration (bp.conf?) but not all places (EMM db?) on the master server. Also, NB services on the media server itself may be still running and trying to communicate with the master. You may want to follow supported/recommended way of decommissioning media servers:

HTH,
/Girish